JamBayan

The ramblings of a Third World guitar player

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Jambayan!!!

Hello all. This is hopefully a good start to a blog devoted to one of my favorite things: guitars! I have been playing guitar since I was 12, but I did not really get serious until I was 17. I consider myself an average guitar player, but I would like to believe I play well enough to get some appreciative smiles and an occassional applause.

My current guitar is an Ibanez Artwood, AW100CE. It's a good guitar, expensive for Filipinos but a good investment since it has a solid spruce top -- which means it will sound better and better as it ages. I'd like to have a Taylor someday, and perhaps a Parker Fly on the side, but for now my beloved Irene is perfect for me.

Irene? Yes, Irene. My guitar has a name, and it took me some time to come up with one. Irene is Greek for peace, and at the time I bought my guitar I was troubled and it brought me peace. Also, Ybañez is the last name of a Cebuana friend of mine whose name is Irene, so I just made the connection.

Anyway, I hope to keep this blog as current as possible with my thoughts on guitars, guitar music, and music in general. There should be lots of pictures, too, so do drop by frequently.

Jambayan na!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11/15/2005 6:27 AM, Blogger batjay said…

    so if i were to buy a new steel acoustic guitar, would a taylor be a good choice?

    i've been looking at their website and there is a dealer near where we live. thanks for the referral - i might visit them one of these days.

    kamusta na pare diyan sa davao? miss ko na ang aking favorite city.

     
  • At 11/15/2005 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HELLO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home