JamBayan

The ramblings of a Third World guitar player

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Back in the loop


I went to Yamaha over the lunch break (theirs, not mine, since I don’t report for work until 2 p.m.) to get my DL4. I tested it and it works fine now, and I’m excited to use it in our gig on Saturday. Apparently a power surge at the church caused a glitch/loose connection, so I’ve got to be a little more careful where I plug in. I think there’s also a problem with the church building’s wiring: my pastor told me that last Saturday morning the lights went crazy in the offices, and so perhaps some repair work needs to be done there. Me, I’m just hoping it doesn’t happen again.

Over the past weeks since my DL4 went on the blink I’ve been thinking how little I’ve been using it. One of the reasons is the Christmas break which we spent in Manila to be with my family (mother, siblings, and lots of nephews and nieces). But I think the main reason is simply that I haven’t been inspired to play loops lately. I hate to admit it, but I was in a rut and I didn’t really want to get out of it. I was playing guitar, but I wasn’t practicing my loops, and as far as the band is concerned, that’s bad.

I guess it was also good that the DL4 was fried for a while because now I miss it and can’t wait to do loops tonight when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home