JamBayan

The ramblings of a Third World guitar player

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Closer...


Here's a closer view of the Hofner Verithin that I am restoring. Notice that it has no hardware whatsoever, and that the marker in the fifth fret is missing one strip. The letter "N" is missing in the mother-of-pearl HOFNER at the headstock, and the binding in part of it, as well as in the entire fretboard, are missing. The guitar also needs a refret, and when everything is done it needs a proper finish. It may take anywhere from two weeks to a month to complete, but it'll be worth the wait. Did I mention that it's a 46-year-old guitar, having been built in 1960? That means in four years it'll be 50 years old!

1 Comments:

  • At 4/20/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Gelo said…

    Thanks Jon.
    I didn't know the blogging summit was at ANC.
    Im barely five months into blogging and I was already considered one the country's "top" bloggers. He he!
    I need you to teach me some tricks.
    Jayson Banico, Davaoeno now at Silicon Valley created funchain. He would be in Davao next month. Let's get together. You provide the music, Jayson the ideas and I will take care of food and drinks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home