JamBayan

The ramblings of a Third World guitar player

Saturday, June 17, 2006

John Elliott of York, UK is a member of an email list of Phil Keaggy fans (or phans as we call ourselves) to which I also belong, and he being an excellent guitarist made a video of himself playing a piece he wrote for PK himself. In his youtube space he writes: “A tribute to my long-time guitar ‘hero’ Phil Keaggy who is an inspiration through his life and music. I wrote this piece simply as a way of saying ‘thanks Phil’.” It’s a sweet melody, accented by some artful harmonic slapping which PK does a lot of. John is so lost in his music here that he nearly falls off his chair at the end!

1 Comments:

  • At 7/23/2006 6:29 AM, Blogger Cerwin T. Eviota said…

    Wow. So cool, Jon.
    I almost thought I was floating in the clouds.
    'Di ba to siya anghel nga mi2kar?
    Keep strummin' and streamin'! c",)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home