JamBayan

The ramblings of a Third World guitar player

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Once more, the Gretsch Vegas


In case you didn't believe me when I said I played a Gretsch Vegas at church once, here's a picture of me playing with it again. I was recently at the office my good friend and role model Jun C, who owns the guitar, and found that he had brought it because he had a gig that night. Since I had missed having a picture taken the first time, I asked him to snap a couple of pictures of me playing it.

Since this was taken with my phone camera, you can't really make out many of the fine details of this guitar. The inlaid fingerboad markers are shaped like dice, which explains why it's called a Vegas. I'm guessing the body and neck are mahogany, but in the absence of any information on the internet that'll remain a guess. It's a heavy guitar, but because of that its tone is incredible. Its sustain lasts for weeks, and you can feel it vibrating against your body even when it's unplugged.

Like I said, it's one of the best guitars I've ever played!

2 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Gelo said…

    Jun C, Amado "Jun" Castano?

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger jonjoaquin said…

    yep, one and the same. for those who don't know jun c, he's the guitarist of molave junction and formerly of after friends. vismin manager of union bank.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home