JamBayan

The ramblings of a Third World guitar player

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Stickin' to Martins



I realized as I was playing guitar last Sunday at church that my strings were exactly three months old that day. I bought that set on February 28, my 40th birthday, and the strings are still useable up to today. Not as bright and crisp as when I first used them, but still OK – and this is with daily use! Not bad. Unfortunately I can’t remember the brand, but I think they were Martin lights (.012s) which I bought for a little over 500 pesos. That means it was only a little more expensive than buying the cheap 129-peso ones and changing every month – and the guitar sounded consistently better throughout the strings’ life span. I think I’m going to stick to Martin strings from now on.

2 Comments:

  • At 6/05/2006 1:16 AM, Blogger janet said…

    Ang bobski ko--di ko ma-gets ang Daily Toon. Heh. =)

     
  • At 6/05/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger jonjoaquin said…

    which one, itong "and with 33-1/3 percent growth, we're on record pace"? 33-1/3 ang speed ng long playing albums dati, yung plaka. the speed for "singles" is 45. don't tell me you don't remember those old things!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home