JamBayan

The ramblings of a Third World guitar player

Friday, July 14, 2006

It's here!

This afternoon I received a pickup I had ordered from a guitar player in Cebu (central Philippines). It’s a used neck pickup from a Washburn N2, and I am told it sounds great. Francis, the original owner, sold it for only 400 pesos, which is a steal especially if you live in Davao City like I do where used parts like these are hard to find. Even better, my Cebu-based friend Jonji, whom I had asked to get the pickup for me, volunteered to actually pay for the pickup and the cost of sending it all the way to Davao!

I’ll be installing this in my Hofner Verithin, which is now officially missing only one other humbucker pickup for the bridge position. My best friend Bill came home from Canada last week with a set of volume and tone controls he had bought for me. I’m scouting for just one more used humbucker, so if you know of any, give me the heads-up so I can get it.

By the way, the packaging on the picture above says DiMarzio but that’s not the brand of this pickup. Francis tells me it’s the box of his new pickup, the one that replaced this one. This is a stock Washburn N2 pickup.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home